Community and Social Service Management
Students in the Honours Society, Culture and Environment program are eligible to enrol in a graduate certificate in Community and Social Service Management through an articulation agreement with Conestoga College (Brantford campus).
How it Works
- Eligible students will have completed a minimum of 10.0 credits including:
- BF190, BF199, BF290, BF299
- CT100, CT120, CT222, CT250, CT255 and one of CT280 or CT285
- and earned a minimum GPA of 5.0 in Honours SCE and 5.0 overall.
- Completion of an additional 2.5 senior elective CT credits is strongly recommended before Year 3 at Conestoga to ensure students are able to fulfill graduation requirements in Year 4.
- Normally during the third year of study, students will complete the requirements of the CSSM certificate through Conestoga College. Students who earn 70% or better, in their Conestoga courses will receive 5.0 senior miscellaneous credits towards their Laurier BA.
- CT455 is required in Year 4.
- Students who have completed the graduate certificate in CSSM may be interested in completing the following courses in Year 4 of the Honours program:
- CT310, CT408 and CT457.
How to Apply
- Make an Academic Advising Appointment to ensure you meet the prerequisites for the program.
- Complete the Student Declaration of Third-Year Specialization form and submit to your Laurier program office.
- Apply to the Community Social Service Management Option through the Ontario College Application Service.
- Complete the Community Social Service Management courses in Year 3 and earn a minimum average of 70%.
- Upon completion of the program, arrange for your transcripts to be sent to Laurier.