At Laurier Printing Services "green" means more than a colour we print. We acknowledge our responsibility to the environment and invested in the equipment and materials to provide environmentally friendly printing solutions to the Laurier community.
The majority of our printing is digital and for good reason. Digital printing eliminates many of the traditional processes used in offset printing that contribute to waste.
- No chemistry/aluminum plates required.
- Non-toxic recycled toners used for equipment.
- Shorter turnaround times.
- Every print is the same with more accurate counts, less waste and fewer variations due to not having to balance ink and water during press run.
- Cost effective for low volume printing. The unit cost for each piece may seem higher than offset printing, but when setup costs are included, digital printing provides lower per unit costs for small print runs.
- Variable data printing is a form of customizable digital printing. Using information from a database or external file, text and graphics can be changed on each piece without stopping or slowing down the press. For example, letters, postcards, booklets and envelopes can be personalized with the initial printing, eliminating labels or a second print run. Variable data printing is used primarily for direct marketing, customer relationship development and advertising.
Printing Services also offers a wide range of paper stocks that are FSC certified and contain a minimum of 30% post-consumer waste. Our earth-friendly papers are 100% recycled. It's worth the difference to support our environment.