SPSS for Students
You are able to purchase SPSS for Students via eAcademy.
You will first need to register with e Academy:
- Select "Register."
- Select "I have an institution issued email address" (i.e. ".edu" email address).
- Continue. Enter in your full Laurier student email address (including "@mylaurier.ca").
- Fill in the required information.
- Select that you are a student. It will send an email to your student account verifying your registration.
- Open that email and click on the link within the email.
- To purchase software, you need to select "IBM® SPSS® Statistics Base GradPack 20 for Windows."
- You will be brought to a screen listing your options. You can choose a six-month rental or a 12-month rental depending your needs.
- Select the quantity and "Add to Cart."
- Proceed to checkout to purchase the software.
Microsoft Office 365 for Students
Laurier is providing Microsoft Office 365 to every student free of charge. This means the latest version of the full Office productivity suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and one TB of storage through OneDrive for Business is available for offline and online use to best prepare you for class. As long as you’re a student here and the program continues, you’ll be able to use this software for free.
With this version of Office you are able to:
- Install Office on up to five compatible PCs and Macs, plus five tablets;
- Use one TB OneDrive storage for automatic device syncing; and
- Use the same programs as faculty members to ensure full file fidelity.
Obtaining Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus
For PC and Mac:
- Visit office.com/GetOffice365.
- Click on "Get Started for Free."
- At the "Get Started" page enter your @mylaurier.ca email address.
- A confirmation will be sent to your student email account.
- In the email click on the link to complete Office 365 Education signup.
For iOS and Android:
- Download Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint from your app store.
- Sign in with your @mylaurier.ca email address for full editing capability.
If you have trouble installing Office, Microsoft's installation guide may resolve your issue. You can also contact the ICT Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, or the Bookstore Techshop can assist you with downloading Office 365 for a nominal fee of $10.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Office 365 ProPlus benefit for students?
As an academic institution that is a Microsoft customer and licenses Office for all faculty/staff, Laurier is eligible to offer Office 365 to our students at no additional cost. Students can take advantage of free Office 365 ProPlus, through a self-sign up process.
What devices can I use Office 365 ProPlus on?
What happens when I graduate?
Your Office 365 subscription through your institution ends upon graduation. You may enrol into other consumer or commercial offers available. If you have Office 365 Education at your school, you should make sure to transfer all your files from your school OneDrive to your personal OneDrive prior to graduation.
What does Office 365 ProPlus include?
Office 365 ProPlus comes with a full version of Office and familiar Office applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote and more. Office 365 ProPlus is a user-based service and allows each student to install on up to five PCs or Macs, and five tablets (iPad) and access Office mobile applications on iPhone and Android phones. (Office Mobile applications are included with all Windows phones).
Does this replace the Office 365 University product or Office Home and Student?
No, Office 365 University will continue to be sold to enable students at colleges and universities that do not take advantage of, or qualify for, this free benefit and likewise for the Office 365 Home Premium offer.
How is the value proposition different for Office 365 University and Office 365 ProPlus for students?
Office 365 University includes 60 minutes per month of Skype premium.
Office 365 ProPlus includes additional organizational applications such as Lync and a number of added technologies for organizational uses (Information Rights Management as one example) that are not available in Office 365 University. When schools combine the Office 365 ProPlus benefit with Office 365 Education, students get access to more advanced collaboration tools such as Outlook and Lync.
If I recently purchased Office and am now also eligible for free Office 365 ProPlus though my school, will I receive any credit and/or compensation?
No. The Office purchased is a consumer offering and students can continue to take advantage of the purchased offer.
If I have already installed Office 365 University on my computer, what will happen if I attempt to install Office 365 ProPlus?
The office client supports having both an Office 365 personal account (used when you signed up for Office 365 University) and a school account (login provided by your school), students will be able to remain signed in with both. Office install will have both your personal and institution ID associated with it after the installation.