Finding a Job
Have you heard the statistics that most job openings are not advertised? It’s true: 75-80% of job openings are not posted. Instead, information about these job openings is often circulated through various managers’ networks, friends and other personal contacts. Utilizing networking in your job search to tap into the hidden job market can significantly increase your chances of finding employment.
The Career Centre is here to help you find a job and prepare effective applications, whether you are looking for a full-time job after graduation, an international experience, or a summer or part-time job.
Job postings are for full-time, summer, part-time and on-campus employment opportunities. These employers are looking to hire Laurier students and alumni.
Learn Effective Job Search Strategies
- Search out non-advertised job openings?
- Use informational interviewing to obtain job leads?
- Tell your friends and family about your job search?
- Make 10 new contacts a week?
- Ask those who rejected you for job leads?
- Organize your résumé content to suit the job?
- Prepare possible answers to interview questions, highlighting strengths and skills?
- Write out an interview agenda in one word triggers?
- Research an employer for at least two hours prior to an interview?
- Write a follow-up letter after each interview or lead?
If you’ve answered "no" to even one of these items, you could probably benefit from job search assistance.