Career Panels and Networking Events
We welcome numerous professionals – many of them Laurier alumni – to the Career Centre each year to speak at career-related events. We ask our guests to share career information and advice with students. By attending these sessions, you will:
- Learn more about a potential career path of interest to you (e.g. job responsibilities; work culture; skills, personality and interests required to succeed; future trends; etc.).
- Learn about career options you may not have previously considered.
- Build your professional network and open up future opportunities to connect (networking is critical when career planning or job searching).
Examples of sessions we have hosted in the past:
- Careers in Human Resources
- Careers in Sales
- Careers in Social Change
- Careers for Students in Communication Studies, Contemporary Studies, English, Geography, Journalism, Leadership, Psychology, Sociology, etc.
- Student+Alumni Career Night (Faculty of Science)
Do you want to learn more about a career field, establish your professional online profile and connect with professionals or alumni in your field? LinkedIn is the most widely respected professional social media sites available. LinkedIn allows you to establish a personal profile and to network virtually with the industry leaders, recruiters, and other professionals within a strictly career-relevant forum. In fact, many of the biggest companies in the world have representatives who post jobs exclusively on LinkedIn.
Join the Laurier Career Centre Group on LinkedIn to follow discussions, post questions, get career advice and interact with Laurier Career Centre staff.