Robbery reported near Waterloo campus
In the early morning hours of Monday, Jan. 23, 2017, three unknown males in the University and Hazel area near Laurier’s Waterloo campus approached a female and demanded personal property. The female was assaulted and the males fled the scene.
If anyone has any information regarding this incident please contact SCS at 519.885.3333.
Following incidents on or near our campus communities, Laurier’s Special Constable Service takes the opportunity to remind the Laurier community about safety tips and the variety of supports available:
- Foot Patrol is a volunteer operated safe-walk program, available daily during evening hours. Teams of two are assigned to escort students to and from campus by foot or by van from 6:30 p.m. to 3 a.m. To arrange a walk call 519.886.3668
- Download the SafeHawk App for emergency notifications, contacts, maps and a safety toolbox.
Health and Wellness Support
- Laurier’s Student Wellness Centre provides a variety of mental and physical health support services. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 519.884.0710 x3146.
- For urgent or after hours emotional/mental health support, call 1.844.437.3247, Special Constables Service at 519.884.0710 x3333, or call 911.
Gendered and Sexual Violence Support
- Laurier has a sexual violence support advocate, Sarah Scanlon, whose role is to help members of the Laurier community understand what support and reporting options are available to them on and off campus. She can be reached at 519.884.0710 x4847 or at email@example.com.
- 24-hour phone support is available at 519.741.8633 through the Sexual Assault Support Centre of Waterloo Region.
- Confidential Sexual Violence Counselling Services are available to students on campus through a partnership between Laurier and the Sexual Assault Support Centre. Call 519.571.0121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
- Additional counselling services are available through the Wellness Centre (519.884.0710 x3146) for students and through the Employee and Family Assistance Program for staff and faculty (1.800.663.1142).
- Reports of sexual violence can be made to Special Constable Services by contacting 519.885.3333 or by dialling x3333 from a campus phone.