Autism and Behavioural Science
The Autism and Behavioural Science concentration provides you with the knowledge and experience necessary to provide services and support to children with autism and their families. This concentration enables you to earn an Honours Bachelor of Arts degree in Community Health from Laurier and a graduate certificate from Conestoga College in only four years. Sample careers for this program include options such as:
- autism therapist
- health policy officer
- program development officer
- mental health worker
Students in the Honours Community Health program who have chosen to specialize in this concentration will complete their Conestoga College graduate certificate online during their third year of study.
How It Works
- PS276 or PS280
You must also earn a minimum GPA of 5.0 in Honours Community Health and 5.0 overall.
If you complete the graduate certificate with a minimum average of 70%, it will allow for the transfer of 5.0 senior credits, including 3.0 senior Health Studies (HS) credits and 2.0 senior miscellaneous credits.
How To Apply
- Make an Academic Advising Appointment to ensure that you meet the requirements for the program.
- Complete the Student Declaration of Third-Year Specialization form and submit to your Laurier program office via Tania Iezzi in RCE 208 no later than Feb. 1.
- Apply to the Autism and Behavioural Science program online through the Ontario College Application Service.
- Complete the Autism and Behavioural Science courses in third year and earn a minimum average of 70%.
- Upon completion of the program, arrange for your transcripts to be sent to Laurier.