Skip to main content

Temporary Resident Visa

 If you wish for an out-of-country family member to attend convocation and your country of origin requires a visa to enter Canada, your family member will need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) for Visiting Family Members. The family member must apply for a TRV from a Canadian consulate, embassy or high commission in the home country. See the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website for a list of visa offices

Your family member will need the following supporting documents for his/her application:

  • A letter of invitation. This is a letter written by you inviting your family member to come and visit/attend convocation. Details about the information required in the letter of invitation are available on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website.
  • A letter from Laurier's Enrolment Services confirming you are a registered student and the anticipated completion date of your studies. Please contact the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies office if you are graduating from the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies for the letter.
  • Any other documentation required by the visa post where the application will be submitted.

You are encouraged to consult the Global Affairs Canada travel advisory website, and LORIS (as ceremony dates and times are subject to change) prior to finalizing travel arrangements.

If you have additional questions regarding international visitors please contact Laurier International.