- Connect and engage with your community.
- Explore careers that might interest you.
- Learn valuable new skills.
- Gain experience for your resumé.
- Develop contacts in your field of interest.
How To Get Involved
If you need assistance deciding what type of volunteer position is right for you, book an appointment with a career consultant. Once you have determined what type of position would be right for you based on your interests and skills, there are a number of resources to help you find an ideal opportunity.
- Visit the Laurier volunteer website which posts opportunities in the local community.
- Get involved at Laurier through the Students’ Union.
- Volunteer abroad and build community while learning about another culture.
- Visit your local volunteer centre.
- Learn more about Canada’s non-profit sector through Charity Village.
Community Volunteer/ Engagement FairThe Fair is a great way for you to connect with local organizations to learn about volunteer opportunities in the community. Held each year in September.
Student Employment and Volunteer Fair
Each year the Career Centre co-sponsors the On-Campus Student Employment and Volunteer Fair with the Students’ Union and Human Resources. The fair has historically been held in February and is an opportunity for departments to showcase their part-time, summer, and volunteer opportunities for the upcoming terms. This is a great time to research paid and volunteer opportunities for future academic years.