Department of Geography and Environmental Studies
Our department is strong, dynamic and innovative. We are proud of our consistent high quality scholarly activities, programs and courses. Our exceptional students get scholarships and access to research centres.
Our Mission Statement Stresses its Commitment to:
- A dynamic undergraduate program covering a wide range of knowledge, techniques and applications.
- An array of stimulating undergraduate courses as a service to students from other disciplines.
- A graduate program emphasizing independent knowledge generation.
- Faculty members engaged in developing new knowledge, innovative technical and educational approaches, with national and international horizons and fields of activity.
Viessmann Resource Centre
Arts 2e5 is a unique space that serves as the heart of our department. It is here that students, staff and faculty work, collaborate and socialize. This bright open space houses:
- our map collection
- map layout tables
- specialized computers
- a lounge
- a kitchenette
- a research lab
- staff and PhD student offices
Dr. Sean Doherty
Phone: 519-884-0810 x 2044
Office: Arts 3E10B
Dr. James Hamilton
Phone: 519.884.0710 x2061
Office: Arts 2E11
Monday and Wednesday
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
or by appointment