Skip to main content

International at Home

There are plenty of ways to learn about the world right here at Laurier. To help you internationalize your education from home, we're working how we can best deliver our Internationat at Home programming in a virtual environment. We'll share more information as it becomes available and we're looking forward to continued intercultural engagement this year!

Intercultural Certificate

We will be delivering the Intercultural Certificate to students in the fall 2020 and winter 2021 terms and we're currently working on what that delivery will look like.

If you're interested in completing the Intercultural Certificate this fall, you can pre-register now. When you pre-register you can also let us know your preferred days and times for the modules, which will help us in our planning. As more details are confirmed, we'll be in touch to keep you updated.

The Intercultural Certificate is a six-module program that focuses on developing your intercultural knowledge, skills and competencies, and is available on both the Brantford and Waterloo campuses.

The delivery of the program uses an active learning approach and is free of charge to registered Laurier students, including students from our exchange partner institutions. You will also get Laurier Experience Record credit for completing the certificate.

Learn more about the program in our article about the Intercultural Certificate. For more details on the modules, and to register, see our Intercultural Certificate information page. If you have any questions or need more information, email

Tandem Language Program

We are currently looking at how the tandem language program can best be delivered in a virtual environment. We'll provide more details here as they are confirmed.

Through the Tandem Language Program, you'll have a chance to improve your language skills, make intercultural connections and learn in a social way. Students with diverse language and cultural backgrounds will share their passion for language with each other. Students are partnered based on language proficiency and interest, and are required to meet for a minimum of 10 hours over the semester and complete a 500 word journal to get Laurier Experience Record recognition. 

In the past students have learned English, Mandarin, Spanish, French, Taiwanese, German and Farsi. Don’t miss your chance to learn a new language and learn about a new culture!

Email for more information. 

More International Education Initiatives

Whether you're a Canadian or international student, you can get involved in internationally focused clubs and student organizations. Our Global Engagement Student Ambassadors and Intercultural Students' Association of Brantford are great opportunities to get involved in leading global engagement initiatives.