Global Engagement Student Leadership
- WaterlooWATClick this tab to view content pertaining to Waterloo
- BrantfordBRANTClick this tab to view content pertaining to Brantford
Laurier’s goal is to graduate students who are engaged and aware of their role in an increasingly globalized society.
As part of Laurier International, it is our responsibility in Global Engagement to plan, develop, implement and evaluate intercultural programming to meet Laurier’s goal. We believe students are at the core of what we do and we value their input to execute innovative ideas and support the work we do.
GESA is a volunteer team that works closely with the Global Engagement team and other campus partners in supporting our student exchange program, incoming exchange students and International at Home initiatives in Waterloo. GESA provides amazing opportunities for our students to gain new competencies and use existing knowledge.
Students must be:
- Currently enrolled at Laurier.
- Have previous experience in either study abroad/volunteer abroad, events or social media.
- Willing to attend meetings, training and events.
All members will receive personal and professional development opportunities; however, students who meet or exceed expectations of their roles and responsibilities will receive:
- Reference letter from the coordinator of global engagement programming.
- Reference for future employment opportunities on request.
- LinkedIn recommendation on request.
- You will also gain co-curricular record credit for your participation.
It's never too late to join – if you want more information, contact us.
Intercultural Students Association of Brantford
The Intercultural Students Association of Brantford (ISAB) is a student-led group focused on fostering connectivity and positive relationships between domestic and international students.
ISAB creates an open and inviting community for the sharing and expression of diverse cultures, and to support the success of international students. We provide a forum for students to meet like-minded peers while becoming more globally engaged. Throughout the academic year, we plan, execute, and participate in fun and enriching social gatherings. We also work to mark important global events and help to promote student mobility opportunities.
Find us at our Facebook group.
As part of the Global Engagement initiative at Laurier, the university is aiming to educate students to become citizens of the world. Part of this involves international student recruitment, international student mobility, international at home, and initiatives to help international students succeed in Canada.
- The clubs becoming better equipped to carry on their globally focused activities; and
- More clubs taking on a more international perspective, thereby increasing the number of clubs with a global focus.
- The maximum award is $1,000.
- The fund will not support student travel.
- Awards are intended to support initiatives beyond the clubs' regular activities.
- Applications will be considered from groups of students that are not formal SU/GSA clubs (e.g. clubs associated with the Diversity and Equity Office, Athletics, LSPIRG, Laurier International, etc.) with the approval of the relevant student union executive (SU or GSA).
Email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.