Final Exam Deferral Petition Form: Faculty of Arts
The academic regulations and policies have been designed to assist in accomplishing an educational goal.
Complete this form if you are registered in a course housed in the Faculty of Arts and are requesting an exam deferral due to a scheduling conflict, extenuating circumstances or on compassionate grounds.
Note: Vacations are not a valid reason to request an exam deferral.
- Exam deferral requests must be made to the faculty who houses the course, not the home faculty of the student.
- To facilitate the processing of the petition/appeal and to assist the associate dean or committee in reaching a fair decision, it is necessary that extenuating circumstances and related details be fully disclosed, and that documentary evidence be presented where applicable. Medical certificates must include date(s) of illness, the date(s) the individual was examined, the nature of the illness and the expected time of convalescence where pertinent.
- All petitions shall be commenced by filing the appropriate forms, no later than six weeks prior to the scheduled exam. The Faculty of Arts Petitions and Regulations Committee will consider and decide all petitions within two weeks of the filing of the petitions, provided all the proper documentation and information is given. The Petitions Committee will not consider any petition until all documentation has been submitted.
- The Petition Committee’s decision will be conveyed via your MyLaurier email address only. If you are expecting a response from the Petitions Committee, you must check your MyLaurier account.
- All approved exam deferrals will be charged a non-refundable administrative fee of $60.
Note: The Faculty of Arts Petitions Committee reserves the right to not consider petitions that are submitted without appropriate supporting documentation.
Familiarize yourself with the examination deferral process prior to submitting this form. Do not use this form without having carefully reviewed all the information on the page including any additional faculty-specific information.