Skip to main content

Paying Laurier Fees

If you have an outstanding balance on your Laurier student account when funding is released by OSAP, the OSAP funding will be automatically directed to pay your outstanding tuition and fees at Laurier. Any remaining amount of OSAP funding available after your Laurier fees have been paid will go directly to your bank account.

Late Payment

Late payment fees related to an OSAP payment that is applied directly to your student account will be reversed provided:

  • The OSAP funding received covers the full amount owing, and
  • Your OSAP funding is applied to your Laurier student account within one month from the first day of classes each term.

It is the student’s responsibility to ensure all required information has been submitted to complete their OSAP application and to ensure all fees are paid each term.    

Note for Summer Session Registration: OSAP funding for Summer session (6 week July - August registration only) cannot begin to be released onto student accounts until the first day of summer session classes in July for completed OSAP applications.   We recommend paying your invoice for summer session only registration directly to avoid late payment penalties and financial holds on your Laurier account.

Outstanding Fees

If your available OSAP funding does not cover all of your outstanding fees, it is your responsibility to pay the difference prior to your Laurier invoice due date to avoid late payment fees.

Students are responsible for payment of fees added to their Laurier account after OSAP funding for the term has been released. 

Full-time OSAP Funding

For fall/winter full-time OSAP applications, OSAP releases 60% of loan funding in the fall term and the remaining 40% in the winter term. Funding availability may change as updates to your application are made (e.g. course load changes, scholarship or income updates). Review your funding summary on your OSAP application prior to your invoice due date each term to ensure the available funding will cover your full outstanding invoice balance in all funded terms.

Part-time OSAP Funding

Part-time OSAP applications are processed on a term-by-term basis and funding will not be released unless a new application is completed each term.  Note:  If receiving an Ontario Part-time Tuition Grant this funding will be mailed to you directly by cheque and this grant amount cannot be applied directly to your fees at Laurier.  Please ensure your mailing address on your OSAP profile is correct when applying for funding.