Skip to main content


If you are reviewing your account summary or account summary by term, and note that you have a negative balance, or a credit on account, you are able to request a refund. Refunds can be requested using the Refund Request Form.

A few things to keep in mind when you would like to have your credit refunded to you:

  • Submission of a refund request form is required each time you have a credit on your account that you would like to have refunded.  Refunds are student-driven and not automatic. 
  • If you are not set up for direct deposit, submission of a void cheque or pre-authorized debit form from your financial institution through the Direct Deposit Authorization Form is also required in addition to a refund request form.
  • Refunds requested at the beginning of a term are not processed until after the last day to add;
  • If you are an OSAP recipient, we check first to see if your refund is due to a change in enrolment. If so, your OSAP application will be updated, and there is potential that the change can lead to an overpayment, in which case, your refund -  or a portion of it - will need to be returned to the National Student Loan Service Centre to be applied against your current loans
  • Outstanding parking fines will be applied to available credit prior to the processing of a refund (other fees owing to campus areas, ie. library fines, housing damages/cleaning fees, Wellness Centre fees, etc. cannot be paid through available student account credit - if you are owing fees with these areas, please proceed directly to the appropriate departments for payments)
  • Payment errors or credits from payments made to unbilled accounts where fees were not owing due to no course registrations cannot be returned via the refund process
    • Have individual who submitted payment contact their bank directly to have a 'return of funds' request submitted due to the payment error
    • Return of funds request can be sent to Financial Resources Office via E-Mail to Julie Steckel ( or faxed to 519.884.7615
  • Processing timelines are approximately two weeks.


Dropping Courses and Penalties

If you are dropping from 2.5 credits to 2.0 credits (typically five down to four courses) within the 55% penalty range, you will not receive a tuition adjustment on your account. This is because 55% of a course cost plus the cost of the courses you are still registered is greater than the amount that you were actually charged, due to the tuition cap.