- WaterlooWATClick this tab to view content pertaining to Waterloo
- BrantfordBRANTClick this tab to view content pertaining to Brantford
Laurier's Waterloo campus does not currently offer an official tutoring program or centralized tutor referral services.
If you are encountering some academic challenges with a course, your first step is to make an appointment to speak with the instructor to discuss your concerns. The instructor can assess your situation and assist you with identifying the academic issue and help determine the type of tutoring resources that may best meet your academic needs. The instructor may be able to provide you with a name of a senior A-level student who has expressed an interest in offering individual tutoring assistance.
- Make an appointment to visit your course professor.
- Visit your teaching assistant/instructional advisor during his or her office hours.
- Check to see if your course is supported with supplemental instruction sessions.
- Check with the department or professor to see if they can recommend a senior student.
Want a Tutor?
For students who are looking for a private tutor, Writing and Study Skills Services in conjunction with Accessible Learning at Laurier Brantford, offers the Tutor Referral Service (TRS).
The service facilitates a match between a student who would like to be tutored in a particular course and a student tutor who has taken that course. Students are required to pay tutors directly for each tutoring session. If you would like to request a tutor, please contact our writing and learning support coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519.756.8228 x5736 to begin the referral process.
For students registered with Accessible Learning, please make an appointment with the disability consultant.
Be a Tutor
Are you interested in being a tutor? All individuals who would like to be tutors listed with the TRS are required to participate in a three-hour training session facilitated by Writing and Study Skills Services and Accessible Learning. Tutors who participate in this training will receive co-curricular record recognition.
Matched With a Tutor?
Here are your next steps.
- The tutor and student must both fill out the tutor-student agreement.
- The tutor and student must both fill out the tutor receipt form.
The above forms do not need to be submitted to Writing and Study Skills; they are for your own records.