Convocation Guide for Parents and Families: Waterloo
Planning Your Day
- Spring convocation Waterloo campus ceremonies will take place the week of June 12, 2017. All ceremonies will be hosted in the Lazaridis Hall Auditorium. Confirm with your graduate the date and time of their ceremony.
- Please note that tickets are required for guests to attend. Information about how to claim tickets will be sent directly to graduates. Doors will open one hour prior to the ceremony, at which time your guests are invited to select their seats.
- Parking is limited so we recommend that you carpool if possible.
- If needed, please request accessible seating and parking for the ceremony. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 519.884.0710 x3139.
- If you are from out of town, the Region of Waterloo's "Where To Stay" page has a list of available accommodations for you to explore.
Arriving at the Ceremony
- Parking will be available free of charge on campus. Parking staff will be happy to direct you. We do recommend that you carpool as parking is limited.
- Doors will open one hour prior to the ceremony’s start time for guests to select their seats.
- Guests for whom accessible seating has been arranged are asked to identify themselves to volunteers to be directed to their seats.
Presents for Your New Graduate
- Giftware, grad rings and Laurier clothing can be purchased through the Laurier Bookstore. Flowers, grad rings and other memorabilia will be available for purchase at the facility.
- Degree frames may be pre-ordered or purchased on the day of convocation. Proceeds on frames purchased day-of help to support student programming and event. During and after the ceremonies volunteers from the Student Alumni Association will be present to offer complimentary degree framing on site; direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photographs at the Ceremony
Following the Ceremony
- Faculty receptions will be hosted on campus following each ceremony (unless otherwise noted) for students and their guests to enjoy light refreshments and celebrate their time at Laurier. Graduates, family and friends are all encouraged to attend the celebratory receptions.