Skip to main content

Applying to Residence

We provide residence for first-year, senior, graduate, exchange and LEAF students. See application processes for:


Summer Term Accommodations

On the Waterloo campus, summer accommodations are managed through Laurier Conference Services. For more information, call 519.884.0710 x3958 or email

On the Brantford campus, summer accommodations are managed through the Department of Residence. For more information, call 519.756.8228 x5805 or email

Winter Term Residence Admissions

Residence spaces are typically available for the winter term. If you are interested in living in residence, please contact us. We can provide you with information about which buildings have openings and how to apply for residence. Room assignments are completed in December, and you would be allowed to move in the day before classes start in the winter term.

Medical and Disability Accommodations in Residence

Laurier's Department of Residence strives to create inclusive communities and provide housing options that accommodates the needs of persons with documented medical needs and disabilities.

The deadline to apply for residence is June 1, 2020 for all students.

If you require accommodations in residence based upon a documented medical condition or disability, you must submit a completed Residence Disability and Medical Verification Form by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, June 8, 2020. This form can be downloaded from within the online residence application and must be completed by your registered health care professional.

Dietary Needs and Preferences

Food Services is able to accommodate many dietary needs such as allergies or food intolerances, vegetarian, vegan, no gluten, halal and prescribed diets. Feel free to contact Food Services with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your dietary requirements.