Logging in to the Online Residence Application System
If you are interested in applying for residence, you will need to login to Symplicity Residence, which is the online residence application system.
The following steps have been provided to assist you in logging into Symplicity Residence so that you may complete the online residence application.
We recommend that you use the Chrome or Firefox web browsers.
Step 1: Locate Your Laurier Network Login Information
To login to the online application system, you will need to use your Laurier network username and password.
Upon applying to Laurier, an email was sent to you with your network username and password. This message had the subject line “Laurier Network Login Information” and was sent to the email account that you used when you applied to the school. If you cannot find this email message, please check the spam/junk folder as sometimes this message is delivered directly to these folders in your mailbox.
Your eight-character network login username consists of four letters followed by four numbers (for example, smit1234). The temporary password for this login is your birthdate in the following format: MMDDYYYY (For example, if your date of birth is April 15, 1982, then your password is 04151982).
The password provided to you in this email is a temporary password.
Your temporary password will not work in the online residence application system. You must change your password before you can apply for residence.
Step 2: Reset Your Temporary Laurier Network Password
Your temporary password must be changed before you login to the online residence application system.
- Go to https://auth.wlu.ca/ChangePwd
- Enter your Network Login username and current, temporary password.
- Enter your new password, following these requirements:
- Must be different from your previous password
- Must be 8 characters or longer
- Must not contain your username, or first/last name
- Must contain characters from three of the following: uppercase, lowercase, digit, non-alphanumeric
- Click "Change Password". Your password has now been changed.
After you complete this, you will be able to use your new password to login to the online residence application system.
Step 3: Access the Online Residence Application System
Use your Laurier network username and the new password that you created to access the online residence application system.
- Go to wlu-residence.symplicity.com.
- Click on "Resident."
- Enter your Laurier network username and new password.
- Click on "Get Started" to proceed with your residence application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should I contact if I cannot find the email with my network login information?
Please check the spam/junk folder, as sometimes this email message is delivered directly to these folders in your mailbox.
If you are unable to find the email, you will need to contact the Laurier ICT Service Desk by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact the Service Desk by calling:
- 519.884.1970 x4357 (Waterloo campus)
- 519.756.8228 x4357 (Brantford campus)
The Service Desk is available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
I cannot change the temporary password I was provided. What should I do?
I tried logging in, but I am getting an error message. What do I need to do?
When you log in, you may receive one of the following messages:
- The username or password entered does not match our records
- Your account has been disabled
If you receive either of these error messages, you will need to contact the Laurier Residence Office by emailing email@example.com or by calling 519.884.0710 x3236.