Skip to main content

Applying to Residence: Senior, Transfer and Graduate Students

Senior and Transfer Students

Students who have previously attended another postsecondary institution are considered senior students.

Senior students can apply for residence, however the majority of our residence spaces are reserved for first-year undergraduate students.

Senior students in residence are subject to all of the same terms and conditions as all residence students, and will be required to sign the Residence Hall Agreement.

For the Waterloo and Brantford campus, senior students may be accommodated in residence if space becomes available after June 1, 2018. If you are interested in residence, you may contact the Residence Office after June 1 to see if any rooms are available.

Off-Campus Housing

Laurier has partnered with, an off-campus housing website that specializes in providing students, schools and landlords with a quality rental property listing service. To view available rental property listings, roommate and sublet listings, visit:

Waterloo Campus Housing for Senior Students

Senior students are generally placed into first-year undergraduate residence, depending upon which year of studies they are entering. Senior students who are placed into first-year residences will receive the same residence life program that is offered throughout the Laurier residence system, and are expected to be contributing members of the community.

Senior students who are entering their third year of studies or higher will be considered for placement with graduate students. There are a very limited number of graduate student spaces available and these will be assigned to graduate students first.

Brantford Campus Housing for Senior Students

Senior students are placed into first-year undergraduate residence. Upper-year students are matched with upper-year roommates.

Senior Students with Special Needs

Residence accommodations are available for senior students who have documented special needs and require special consideration, and who are registered with the Accessible Learning Centre by Friday, June 1, 2018. You must submit your completed residence application and $600 non-refundable deposit to the Residence office no later than 11:59 p.m., Friday, June 1, 2018.

Graduate Students

Graduate students are welcome to apply to residence on the Brantford campus, but there is no graduate-specific housing. A limited number of residence beds are reserved for single graduate students in the apartment-style residences on the Waterloo campus.

All residence space reserved for graduate students is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, and therefore you’re advised to apply at your earliest opportunity once you have been accepted into your program.

You must submit a completed residence application with the required $600 non-refundable deposit to the Residence office no later than 11:59 p.m. on Friday, June 1, 2018. The deposit will be refunded only in the event that you cannot be accommodated, or if the Residence office receives written notification by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, June 1, 2018 that you wish to cancel your application.

Applications for graduate spaces begin to arrive in April and May, and the limited number of residence spaces are usually filled by early June. Any additional applications received are placed on a waiting list.

Meal Plans

All students living in residence (dormitory and apartment style) on the Waterloo campus are required to participate in a mandatory meal plan.

All students living in residence on the Brantford campus are required to purchase a residence convenience plan.

Moving In

Your residence room assignment letter, including your move-in date, will be emailed in late July.