Chill Out: Things to do this winter
It might be cold outside, but there are still many fun activities you can do this winter in Brantford, Kitchener and Waterloo. On campus, for example, the Wilfrid Laurier University Students’ Union is hosting “Snow Week.” The five days of games and competition will take place during the winter term, with registration opening on Jan. 3. Also check out the list below for some more ideas for activities to do alone or with friends:
- Ice skate at a variety of outdoor rinks in Brantford, including the one located in the heart of the campus at downtown Brantford’s Harmony Square.
- Take a winter hike on the city’s 70km of recreational trails.
- Explore the many museums and galleries in Brantford.
- Check out the student clubs in Brantford, like GameOn! and the Laurier Brantford Film Club.
- Join intramural sports offered through Laurier Athletics and Recreation.
- Ice skate on the rink at Kitchener City Hall or the other outdoor rinks in Kitchener. Ice skate on the Waterloo Public Square rink or the other outdoor rinks in Waterloo.
- Explore Waterloo Region to find the best tobogganing hills, such as McLennan Park in Kitchener.
- Explore the many walking trails in Waterloo Region.
- Visit the Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery in Waterloo, the Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery and other public art galleries in the region, and the many museums in the Waterloo Region.
- Check out the student clubs in Waterloo, like the Laurier Photography Club and HawkApella.
- Check out intramural sports offered through Laurier Athletics and Recreation.