Register with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)

As of Feb. 1, 2020 the Bachelor of Social Work program in the Lyle S. Hallman Faculty of Social Work at Wilfrid Laurier University has received its first accreditation from the Canadian Association for Social Work Education – Association canadienne pour la formation en travail social (CASWE-ACFTS).

When you become a registered member of the College, you join a community of social workers and social service workers across Ontario committed to professional, ethical, qualified and accountable practice.

Registered Membership

Professional regulation protects the public from unqualified, incompetent or unfit practitioners. Registration with the College demonstrates to the public that you:

It also brings credibility to you as an individual practitioner.

Registration is also the law. Only registered College members can use the following titles:

  • Social worker
  • Social service worker
  • Registered social worker
  • Registered social service worker

Registration is also required if you represent or hold yourself out as a social worker or social service worker. Check out OCSWSSW's information for students and new graduates to learn more.

For questions about the registration process, please email

When to Register

Complete the registration if:

  • you have completed all the required courses for your BSW degree
  • marks for all courses appearing on your academic record have been applied in LORIS
  • you have graduated or applied to graduate

If you have not yet convocated, you can request a Confirmation of Completion of Degree Requirements form be emailed directly to the OCSWSSW (or other providincial body) on your behalf.

Please email with any questions.

Note: The OCSWSSW is currently only able to expedite those applications where the applicant provides a request for high priority registration, accompanied by a copy of a job offer or letter from their employer attached.

Submit Your Transcript

After graduation it is your responsibility to make arrangements with Enrolment Services to send a copy of your official transcript to the OCSWSSW (or other provincial body). The Faculty of Social Work does not facilitate this process.

Registration Form