Program Selection Form: Liberal Arts, Human and Social Sciences
Complete this form to request a program change (specialization/major) during the academic year and activate online registration.
This program selection form can also be submitted if you wish to confirm an inactive term of study. This is applicable for an absence of registration from Laurier that is less than 18 months. For an absence that exceeds 18 months, submit the appropriate re-registration request form.
Prior to completing this form, review Changing Undergraduate Programs for full details on the program selection process and familiarize yourself with the following important information:
- March 1 to April 28 each year, program changes are requested through LORIS.
- All current first-, second- and third-year students are automatically confirmed for the spring term and will be assigned time tickets. Fourth-year students or those returning students that have not attended Laurier during this past fall or winter term must submit this form.
- All registered students will automatically be confirmed by Enrolment Services in their current academic program on LORIS for registration in the next academic year (fall and winter terms).
- If you are unable to use LORIS for any reason or the program you are requesting is unavailable on LORIS, submit this form for review.
- If you are a second-, third- or fourth-year student not looking to change your program, no further action is required until the course registration period in July. If you are a first-year student and have not declared an honours specialization, you must do so through your LORIS account per the above dates. If you are unable to use LORIS for any reason or the program you are requesting is unavailable on LORIS, submit this form.
- A program (specialization/major) cannot be changed for a term in which the deadline to add courses has passed; however, program changes can be accepted for an upcoming term.
- If departmental approval is required (for upper-year honours programs), forward an email demonstrating department approval to email@example.com.