Changing Undergraduate Programs
How to Change Your Program
If you’re an undergraduate student looking to change your program, there are a few ways to do it:
- From March 1 to April 27, you have the ability to change your future program in LORIS by selecting the "Student Services" tab, then "Registration," then "Program Change Request." Our records specialists will review your request in May/early June, and will update your program if you are eligible for your program request. To see if you successfully changed programs, go back to the "Registration" page in LORIS and select "Display Student Program." Students who are unsure of program requirements, or require assistance should meet with their academic advisor.
- Outside of the two-month period noted above, you are able to change your program through a program selection form (see forms below). The program selection form is also used if you have been away from Laurier for less than 18 months and would like to reactivate your account to register for courses.
- Once you have submitted a program selection form, your eligibility will be reviewed and if approved, you may view your program in LORIS in five to seven business days.
- Highly competitive programs have special considerations and cannot be switched into through LORIS or a program selection form. Program transfer forms (see forms below) for these programs become available in March for the following academic year and are typically due by May 1. These programs include Kinesiology, Health Sciences, Business Technology Management, Digital Media and Journalism, Game Design and Development, and Bachelor of Social Work.
- Students who meet the course and GPA eligibility requirements for our Economics programs can complete an economics program transfer request form at any time.
- Students who meet the course and GPA eligibility requirements for Year 2 of the Bachelor of Business Administration program can complete the BBA program transfer request form on LORIS, available from mid May to mid June only.
Note: Minors do not appear on your program registration. Indicate minors only on the addendum of the application to graduate on LORIS during your last year of study.
Service Laurier is ready to help answer any questions that you have regarding tuition and fees, registration, ordering official documents, OSAP, and awards. Our advisors are ready to help, and we are backed by a team of experts to handle your toughest questions!
Would you like to visit Service Laurier, but are too busy to wait in line? Use our QuickQ to get in line virtually. By logging in to QuickQ you’ll add yourself to the line without even setting foot in Service Laurier. We’ll text you when your turn is coming up, and all you need to do is sign in at our check-in kiosk.
- Science, Education, Music and Lazaridis School Program Selection Form
- Arts and Seminary Program Selection Form
- Liberal Arts and Human and Social Sciences Program Selection Form
- Kinesiology and Health Sciences Program Transfer Request Form
- Economics Program Transfer Request Form
- Brantford Program Transfer Request Form: Business Technology Management, Digital Media and Journalism, Game Design and Development, and Bachelor of Social Work
- Brantford to Waterloo Campus Transfer Request Form
- Waterloo to Brantford Campus Transfer Request Form