Tuition Payment Plan Program
Laurier provides graduate students with a unique tuition payment option designed to alleviate the financial pressures of pursuing graduate studies. By enrolling in the Graduate Student Tuition Payment Plan, you can pay your tuition fees in three (3) equal installments applied monthly to your student financial account.
Enrolment in the Graduate Student Tuition Payment Plan is now open for the spring 2017 term and the deadline to enrol is midnight on April 17.
At this time, enrolment in the plan is available by request on a per-term basis only and your account will be assessed a $50.00 non-refundable service charge for each term the plan is approved.
You will be notified by April 24 via email, as to whether or not your enrolment in the plan has been approved. Once enrolled, an invoice and payment due date communication will be sent to your MyLaurier account. It is important that you check your MyLaurier account regularly.
- If financial support that will be applied to your account for the term exceeds the amount of fees owing, you will not be enrolled in the plan.
- If financial support that will be applied to your account for the term results in an outstanding balance of $1,000 or less, enrolment in the plan is not recommended.
- If expected OSAP funding directed to Laurier will cover or exceed the amount of fees owing, enrolment in the plan is not recommended. However, if you choose to enrol in the plan, redirection of OSAP funds should be to yourself (rather than to Laurier), so you can make necessary payments by installment due dates. Changes in OSAP fund redirection can be requested by emailing the Student Awards Office at email@example.com by April 20, 2017. Note: Late payment fees are reversed based on OSAP funds redirected to Laurier.
- If you are enrolled in a graduate program with a Major Research Paper/Thesis/Dissertation oral examination and already have a defence date scheduled, or expect to complete all the degree requirements (defence, submission of final post-defence copy with sign-off from the advisor) by the end of the first month of the semester, you should not enrol in the plan.
- If a late, or an increase, of financial support becomes available, resulting in a credit balance exceeding the amount of fees originally owing, the plan remains in place for the term. The balance exceeding the remaining installments owing under the plan can be refunded upon request.
- If you have fees outstanding from a previous term, or have not fulfilled previous plan payments, you will not be eligible to participate in the plan unless previous term fees have been paid in full by the plan’s enrolment deadline.
Request to enrol in the plan by submitting the Graduate Student Tuition Payment Plan Form.