- WaterlooWATClick this tab to view content pertaining to Waterloo
- BrantfordBRANTClick this tab to view content pertaining to Brantford
You can book an appointment with a learning strategist or time management coach.
A learning strategist can help you to assess your current learning strategies and study skills and make recommendations to help you to further develop these strategies and skills. Learning strategies and study skills include effective textbook reading, note taking, studying, test preparation and taking, and oral presentations. Please bring a copy of your notes and text books for a course you are finding particularly challenging to your appointment.
A time management coach can help you to organize and schedule your time to meet deadlines and ensure that you are completing your course requirements. Don't forget to bring along your course outlines and anything you use to manage your time (e.g. to do lists, agenda).
If you either cancel or miss three appointments in a term, you will be blocked from our online scheduling system for the remainder of the term. You can track and cancel your scheduled appointments through the Centre for Student Success Student Portal.
Our trained peer mentors can help you improve your writing skills, study skills, or both at once. To book an appointment, visit the Centre for Student Success Student Portal.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, you can do it through the student portal, or by emailing or calling us. We require a minimum of one business day’s notice for cancellations.
- Undergraduates: 55 minutes
- LEAF Program students: 25 minutes
- Graduate students: 60 minutes + (as necessary)
- Writing and Study Skills Services (Brantford) provides constructive feedback to students on study strategies and assignments. Peer mentors sit down with students during consultations to give feedback to students about their study strategies and/or writing and provide suggestions for improvement. The task of revision on any written work remains the students’ responsibility.
- There is no limit on study skills appointments.
- Students who repeatedly miss appointments may have their Writing and Study Skills Services privileges curtailed. Students who miss two appointments with insufficient notice will not be able to book future appointments online until meeting with the coordinator or manager.
- Writing and Study Skills Services (Brantford) assists students with take-home exams only when a professor has given prior instructions to the centre staff to do so. Course instructors can contact the manager to give general permission for their class to access writing support services for a take-home exam or to give specific permission for individuals who may access the support.
- We can assist students with group assignments (essays or presentations, for example). However, it is mandatory that all group members attend the consultation.