Crime Stoppers is a partnership of the public, police and media that provides the community with a proactive program to anonymously assist in solving crime and contributing to an improved quality of life.
Waterloo Regional Crime Stoppers is one of the 39 provincial Crime Stoppers programs and one of over 1,000 international programs. Crime Stoppers is a non-profit organization run by a volunteer board of directors.
Tips may be made to Waterloo Regional Crime Stoppers at 1.800.222.TIPS (8477) or to the Special Constable Service.
- Crime Stoppers will pay a cash reward for information leading to an arrest in any serious crime.
- If eligible for a reward the tipster is given a code name and instructions on how to pick up the cash reward.
- Reward amounts are based on the:
- Number of arrests made;
- Number of charges laid;
- Number of cases cleared; and
- Dollar amount of drugs and/or property seized.
SafeHawk Safety App
Laurier’s new mobile safety app, available for Android, BlackBerry and Apple users, has many convenient features:
- Tap to call Special Constables in an emergency
- Tap to call Foot Patrol for a walk home service
- Report suspicious activity on campus
- Quickly access campus and community support services