Skip to main content

Requests and Appeals

The Martin Luther University College (Luther) academic administrative committee (AAC) is the first level of appeal for Luther students. The second level of appeal is the graduate students’ appeals committee (GSAC).

Requests to the AAC are due by the first Tuesday of the month. You will receive a response by the end of the following week. Responses are sent to your email address only.

Transferring Programs

Students interested in transferring between fields of the PhD Human Relationships program may submit a petitions form. All other program transfers require a complete application.

Your academic/faculty advisor and program director will have the opportunity to provide feedback on any requests submitted to the academic administrative committee. It is strongly recommended that you make an appointment with your advisor before submitting a request.

Directed Study Courses

Luther students with specific interests may request a reading course two months prior to the start of the term by completing the directed study request form.

Transfer Credit and Advanced Standing

Requests for transfer credit and/or advanced standing must be submitted before your first term of registration. Transfer credit can only be granted for courses which have not been used towards a completed degree. To do this, please submit general petitions form and attach all relevant syllabi.

Extension to Degree Time Limits

Doctoral students must complete their program within 12 terms of registration. If you believe that you will exceed this time, you should submit a request for an extension directly to the graduate student appeals committee.

Exceptions to Course Restrictions

Course restrictions (for example, course prerequisites) written in the academic calendar require the academic administrative committee’s permission to be overridden. You may request this with the general petitions form.

Other restrictions might only appear on LORIS, but not in the academic calendar. Contacting your program director for permission to register in these courses.

Courses at other Institutions

You may submit a request through the Ontario Visiting Graduate Students agreement.

All Other Requests

All other requests can be directed to the academic administrative committee by submitting the general petitions form along with any supporting documentation to the seminary office.