Skip to main content

Working in Canada

Whether you are a current international student looking for part-time work or you have graduated from Laurier and are exploring your options, learn more about what you need to work or volunteer in Canada.

Part-Time Work

As an international student, you are eligible to work part-time in Canada if you have:

  • A study permit that indicates you can work in Canada.
  • A social insurance number (SIN).
Information about working in Canada is subject to change, so be sure to refer to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) site for the latest information.

After Graduation

Find out what immigration options are available to you if you want to stay in Ontario or Canada after graduation.