Certificate in Arts
If you have completed 5.0 credits as a part-time student registered in the Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Human and Social Science, Faculty of Liberal Arts or Faculty of Science, you may apply for the Arts I Certificate. The completion of 10.0 credits allows you to apply for an Arts II Certificate. All courses recognized for credit toward a certificate will also be considered as credits toward a General Bachelor of Arts degree. One Business credit may be counted toward the Arts I Certificate and two Business credits may be counted toward the Arts II Certificate.
- You must not hold a university degree.
- You must have achieved a grade point average of no less than 4.00.
- All courses have been taken on a part-time basis and at least one must have been taken after July 1, 1980.
- The courses counted towards a certificate must not, separately or in combination, contravene any regulations pertaining to the requirements of the General Bachelor of Arts degree.
- At least 3/5ths of the courses counted towards a certificate must have been taken at Laurier.
The Certificate in Criminology consists of 5.0 credits, including no more than 3.0 at the 100 level. The certificate program is offered on a part-time basis only and requirements must be fulfilled within five years from the date of entry.