How to Switch Tutorial and Lab Sections
Students wishing to switch a tutorial or lab section can do so on LORIS without automatically dropping the lecture. For example: A student currently registered in SP101 Section A, Tutorial 1 wants to switch into Tutorial 2.
You can follow these steps to switch tutorials without dropping the lecture, provided there is room in the tutorial and there are no time conflicts. You will need to repeat these steps for each half of a two-term course.
- Log into LORIS.
- Click on "Student Services."
- Click on "Registration."
- Click on "Select Term" then select the appropriate term.
- Click on "Add or Drop Classes."
- You will see a list of the courses you are enrolled in and/or have dropped. Find the lecture (using the above example, the lecture would be SP101 A). Click on the down arrow beside the lecture and choose "Re-Enrol." Do not submit yet.
- From this same menu, find the tutorial (using the above example, the tutorial would be SP101 T1), and click on the down arrow beside the tutorial and select "Drop Course." Do not submit yet.
- Select the new tutorial you wish to enrol in by doing a class search or by entering in the CRN number into the blank boxes at bottom of screen (using the above example, the new tutorial would be SP101 T2).
- Click on "Submit Changes."