How to Use a Wait List
How Does a Wait List Work?
Wait lists may exist for some courses, and allow you to “get in line” for the next available space that may come available. Students on a wait list will be in the queue until space becomes available. If you're at the top of the wait list, and a spot becomes available, you will receive an email to your mylaurier email advising you have 24 hours to add the course through LORIS. If you miss your window of time to register in the course, you will be removed from the wait list, and the next person on the wait list will have the opportunity to add the course.
If you would like to see if a course has a wait list, search the course in the LORIS Dynamic Schedule. Please note, not all courses have a wait list.
If you are on the wait list and you have not received an email notification, yet it appears that there is space in the course in LORIS, it likely means that a student at the top of the wait list will have received a notification of space. Please be patient and wait for your turn! If you are on a wait list, registration in that course is not guaranteed, for eg. the add deadline for the term has passed.
If you dropped yourself from the wait list or you missed your 24 hour window to add yourself to the course and now wish to be re-added to the wait list of the same course, complete the Wait List/Locked LORIS Correction Form.
How Do I Get on a Wait List?
- Do a search in the LORIS Dynamic Schedule for the course.
- If the course is full and the wait list (The "WL Rem" column) has space remaining, make note of the CRN.
- Click "Add to Work Sheet" to go back to your "Add or Drop Classes" registration page.
- Enter the CRN of the course you’d like to register for into one of the CRN boxes and click "Submit Changes."
- You will get a "Registration Add Error." However, for courses with wait lists you add yourself by selecting "Wait Listed" from the "Action" drop box and clicking "Submit Changes."
- A successfully waitlisted course appears with a status of "Wait Listed."
- If you receive an email indicating a space is available, log in to LORIS and select "Enrolled" (or "Re-enrolled") in the waitlisted course "Action" drop box on the "Add or Drop Classes" screen and click "Submit Changes."