- WaterlooWATClick this tab to view content pertaining to Waterloo
- BrantfordBRANTClick this tab to view content pertaining to Brantford
The Student Wellness Centre provides a variety of health-care services, including:
- Physical exams;
- Care for acute and chronic illnesses and follow-up;
- Sexual health care and dispensing (including emergency contraception);
- Immunizations; and
- Specialist referrals.
The Student Wellness Centre also provides the following services:
- allergy injections
- tuberculin skin testing
- routine and travel immunization
- specialist referrals
- annual health exams
- suture removal
- diagnosis and treatment of illness
- birth control and emergency contraception
- pre- and post-HIV counselling
- dietary counselling
- sexually transmitted infections (STIs) information and testing
- first aid
Contraceptives are available on a cost-recovery basis. A prescription from a doctor at the Student Wellness Centre is required.
Wellness Centre physicians function as your family doctor while you are studying at Laurier. Physicians can be seen for:
- Annual health exams;
- Illnesses or injuries;
- Investigation of physical complaints;
- Treatment of acne;
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs);
- Possible pregnancy;
- Stress-related symptoms or illnesses;
- Management of chronic diseases;
- Smoking cessation; and
- Any other health or illness inquires.
Physicians are available by appointment or walk-in. Wellness Centre medical staff includes a psychiatrist. A referral is required from a doctor to see the psychiatrist.
Same-day appointments are limited and can be booked, by phone or by drop-in, from 8:30 a.m. during weekdays until they are full.
2016 Flu Season
The 2016 influenza vaccine will be available to students by appointment beginning in the first week of November in the Wellness Centre. Don't forget to bring your health card, wear a t-shirt, and be prepared to wait for fifteen minutes after the injection.