Visual Schedule Builder
The Visual Schedule Builder prompts you through a series of steps to identify your term, campus and the course codes for your preferred courses for the corresponding term and year. The scheduling tool then generates all of the possible conflict-free timetables containing the combination of courses you selected, and will display them in an easy-to-read weekly schedule.
You can personalize your timetable by sorting the options by preferences such as “most days off” or “morning classes.” You can also block off less desirable times and pin down classes to reduce schedule options.
Once you have identified which timetable you wish to confirm, the Visual Schedule Builder will generate a unique URL for you to save or bookmark.
You will need to log into LORIS to formally register for classes, using your saved timetable as a guide; simply insert the course record numbers (CRNs) given to you by the Visual Schedule Builder into the fields in the “Add/Drop Classes” screen in LORIS.
- Enter ScheduleMe.wlu.ca into your browser and select the term for which you wish to build a timetable. Remember you have to register for the full year, so you should build a timetable for both fall 2017 and winter 2018.
- From the left-hand tab, identify the campus you are attending. Note: First-year double-degree students (Laurier/University of Waterloo) do not need to create their own schedule. We will work with you and Waterloo to build your schedule.
- Type in the course code or number that you would like to add and then click the “Add” button. Continue to add courses until you have entered in all the classes you would like to consider for your semester of study.
- Once you have added all your courses for the semester, click on the "Generate Schedules” button at the bottom of the form to see all the proposed timetables.
- The classes chosen will generate several different timetables, so use the filters to identify your preferences and narrow your options.
- Once you have chosen a timetable, save the URL.